Describing the life experiences (both major and minor) of a very precious pupper, from her own perspective.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Introductions

Hi everydoggie!


So my mamma told me recently about this cool thing called the interweb...or is it internet? I've been checking it out lately and haven't found any spiderwebs or spiders like I expected, but I did just discover Blobs! Wait, I mean Blops. . . .no, that's not it. . . .


*think think think*


. . . . . . .


*think think think*


. . . . . . .


Well I guess it doesn't really matter what they're called, right? All that matters is the fun stuff I've gotten to learn on other dogs' blogs (Oh yeah, that's the right word!). It's so neat getting to read about how dogs live all over this wide world of ours, and I thought it would be fun to share my life here in San Diego.

So, on to the real introduction :)

My full name is Lilian Floyd H-----. (Yeah. . . . the hoo-dad really likes the name Floyd, for some reason. Mamma compromised with this strange whim of his by letting it be my middle name. I don't mind...just as long as they don't call me that in public.) They both just call me Lili, and I like it that way.

Mamma came to visit me when I was living with my foster-mudder over three months ago. You see, I was a rescue dog. This wonderfully nice lady took me in when my original owners didn't want me anymore. I'm actually very happy that I went into rescue though, because if I hadn't I wouldn't have eventually met my bestest Mamma. I wasn't sure about her when we first met, but I attribute that to the obsession I had with this toy hamburger at the time (see, it squeaked when I chomped on it, and that was really fun. . . .*REALLY* fun). I mean, who wants distractions when there's a toy hamburger to chew on? She visited me again a couple weeks later, after she and the hoo-dad had moved into a special apartment just right for me--with a yard and everything (a rare thing for an apartment here in SD). That day she put me in my very own travel crate and brought me on a long car ride to my new home.

Here's a picture of me when I first arrived at my new home:


When we got there, I found out that Mamma was willing to throw my favorite toy for me to fetch, which is my most favoritest game in the whole wide world, and I made her practice with me all night (she needed it). We continued the practice all the next day, and even though I was having the time of my life, it wore out mamma a little. (Okay, a lot. Let's just say that she needed a nap before bedtime and be done with it.)

Here's a pic of me with my favorite fetch toy:




Speaking of bedtime...mine has just arrived. Mamma's saying I need to brush my teeth. (Well, she's gonna brush my teeth--I just lick the yummy toothpaste.) I'll leave this for now--I promise to fill y'all in about the intervening months later :)
cheers--
Lili

4 comments:

Luckie Girl said...

Hello Lili! :)
Thanks for popping by my blog to say Hi. It's always nice to meet a fellow blogging dachies. Welcome to the world of Dogs with Blogs. :)

Jeph said...

Hi Lili - just updated that recipe for you. You'll want to bake those pumpkin muffins at 350F - hope you like 'em!

Stanley said...

Hey, Lili!

I saw you over at Luckie Girl's blog, and had to come over to say hi.

I'm Stanley, and I'm a rescue too. I'm an 18 month old Airedale, and I understand all about that transition to the best home in the world. Your mama is lucky you adopted her.

Stop by and see me sometime. My hooman girl grew up with Dachsies and just loves weenie girls!!

Your new goober bud,
Stanley

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lili
Nice to meet you! I am a dachsie too! and I live in Mexico. Sure you will find lots of friends here!
Have a nice day
Lorenza