Describing the life experiences (both major and minor) of a very precious pupper, from her own perspective.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Mamma's Father

My mamma told me today about her father. He was the person who helped her become the dog lover that she is today. Mamma said that it has been six years today since he passed away peacefully at a hospice center in Phoenix, Az. He'd had a long and complicated battle with kidney cancer and had gone into a coma after a bad fall in early October of 2001. He was a wonderful and vibrant person, and she still misses him very much. It's amazing knowing how much life can change in six years...he'd never gotten the chance to meet my hoo-dad or me.






Mamma says that it was her Dad who brought Gabby, my sister-at-heart dachsie who lives with Gramma, into the family back in mamma's fourth grade year, and it was Gabby who provided a constant comfort to my dad when he could no longer continue his handyman business. His love for dachshunds inspired Mamma's love, which is why she now has me.





Rest in Peace, dear Grampa.

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lili
From your post I can see you Grandpa was a great man! Sure your mom misses him!
Give her lots of kisses and hugs from us.
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Luckie Girl said...

Hi Lili,
That's very touching. Your grandpa was a wonderful loving man.